- Can I bring my own script to the production?
We will, however, review your script and incorporate the fundamental ideas into the scene we will create with you.
- How long does a Scene take to complete?
- How long do you keep footage once editing has been completed?
- Do I get to sit down with the Editors to put my scenes together after we’re done shooting?
Due to the complexity of our post processing; WE DO NOT allow clients to sit in on the actual editing or sound sessions. However, once your scenes have been completed and you have reviewed them, you ARE REQUIRED to sit down with one of our editorial staff for your live Demo Reel Edit session.
- Can we re-shoot or re-edit if I’m unhappy with my content?
We do everything we can to ensure that you’re satisfied, from the approval of your scripts to the reviewing and discussion of your dailies, but if communication concerns have not been addressed prior to production or post, we cannot do much to accommodate you once your scenes have been completed. We strongly urge all our clients to prepare as much as possible before the day of production or during your dailies review. If you have an issue after we’ve wrapped, please give us a call and we’ll do our best to find a solution.
- How do payments work?
The Deposit: due on the day you book your Scenes. This pays for the development of your Scenes.
Second Payment: due on the day you approve your Scripts. This holds your shoot dates and pays for the Production.
Final Payment: due on the first day of your Production. This pays for the Post-Production.
- Can I bring my own scene partners for my scenes?
- How does casting a Dedicated Actor work?
- What happens if I need to reschedule my shoot?
- How are Scenes developed?
- What if I’m not happy with my scripts?
If, after your consultation and its thorough scene-outlining process, we develop your Scene and you decide that you no longer like the concept in general, wish to change the Scenes’ emotional arc, wish to change your character’s personality; these represent a total rewrite on our part and an additional $100 fee will be charged. If, however, you feel there was a miscommunication or your writer simply "missed the mark" with your script, we will do one free total re-write after a detailed conversation and diagnosis of what went wrong.
- Is Make-up included?
- Are Wardrobe and props provided?
Props: We will always try to provide simple props that we feel are appropriate to your scene. The client however is responsible for any specific and specialized props. Again, communication with your Production Coordinator can help in identifying what props are needed and whether or not Rapid Reelz has those items in stock.